Saturday, 15 March 2014

My First Art Journal Page

Good evening everyone.

I'm afraid that my post for today has absolutely nothing to do with cakes! I'm sorry to say that I have been a little bit lazy with my cakes lately.

I have wanted to share this with you all for a while, it's called an Art Journal.

I was introduced to this art on a horrible day when I had a migraine and my mum was busy doing some Art Journalling and watching a DVD tutorial. I was interested so she gave me a sketch book to start me off...

This was my first attempted page!


I'm not really sure what I was aiming for but I liked the colours and apparently the colours reflect my mood due to having a migraine! Not entirely sure if this is true but I suppose in some sense every colour relates to a feeling or emotion.

I seem to remember that mum was slightly jealous that my first pages were so good.

The beauty of this art is that you can use just about anything to create a pattern. For instance, on this page, I used an old credit card to do the lines and scrapes and I used old face cream bottle lids to make the circles.

I tried another couple of pages too...


The backgrounds are created by dipping baby wipes into acrylic paint and rubbing it in any direction to cover the page.

I love the purple page! This was created by using a sponge and baby wipes.

There was no theme as you can probably see but I enjoyed myself.

Thanks for stopping by!

Will have more cakes to post soon!

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous pages Brogan and your right I was a tad green when I saw your gorgeous creations and colours.....we had a lovely day getting inky and I think it helped with your migraine too.
    Love mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, you have created some beautiful art journal pages here. Very nice indeed :-) And you are only a beginner at this?! Wow, you are off to a flying start! Great colours, and yes, I think the migraine probably did help you choose the colours. I think we make a lot of subconscious decisions that are affected by our mood/ health etc Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! I am planning to create one to take to University and make a scrapbook whilst I am there. I found it very relaxing and am eager to try some more styles. Xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Brogan,

    Didn't know that sponge and baby wipes can create such beautiful texture art. I like yellow flowery ones the most. It reminds me of the Spring season.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...