Sunday, 3 November 2013

Lovely Chocolate

Hi everyone!

I thought I would share a giant cupcake with you today.

This is a cake that I made for a member of my family for their 21st birthday. She makes amazing cakes herself, so I was really pleased when she asked me to make her cake for such an important birthday.

I know she loves chocolate and especially malteasers, but she said the rest was up to me. So here's how it went.


I decided to make the cupcake very chocolatey and also very pink!

I started by making a chocolate sponge cake mix, and filling the centre with double chocolate butter cream. Whilst the cake was in the oven, I melted my favourite strawberry flavoured chocolate and piped out a giant "21" and some big love hearts.


I covered the cake in a thick layer of the chocolate butter cream and I put milk chocolate fingers around the base of the cake. I went with a sparkly pink cake board to put the cake on.

Tip: Tie ribbon around the chocolate fingers while the butter cream sets, especially when it's hot.


I decorated the cupcake with the pink chocolate hearts and some malteasers. This ended up being a very difficult and stressful task as it was really hot this summer and it was July when this cake was made.

The chocolate was starting to melt so I went with the method of laying them flat against the butter cream. They were meant to be stood up but I preferred them like this in the end anyway!


I also added some pink candy hearts to finish off the cake.

She liked the cake and I'm told it tasted good too.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. And yet another fabulous chocolatey creation Brogan. Love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is that - definitley a cake to welcome and to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brogan,

    Your not-so-little cupcake look extremely stunning...

    Wish that I'm the birthday girl... hee hee but clearly, I know that I can't be 21 again... *sign*

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...