Monday, 7 October 2013

Hello Kitty

Hi everyone.

I am going to share a cake with you today that was made for a friend as a present for their little sisters birthday.

I wanted to make it really girly but also a little grown up. I found a brilliant design for a Hello Kitty face made of icing and I thought that this would be the puuuurfect time to give it a go!


I made a plain vanilla sponge and used vanilla butter cream icing to fill the centre! I also swirled the butter cream to top the giant cupcake.

As always, the base was coated with milk chocolate fingers!

I made the Hello Kitty faces from icing and used piping chocolate for whiskers. I also filled in the gaps of the cake with wafer paper flowers as they were girly and matched in with the colours well.



To finish off this cake I sprinkled the whole thing in a coat of edible rose pink glitter.

From what I heard this cake was enjoyed by many people and I love hearing what people think of my cakes.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. One of my favourite cakes Brogan, just loved those kitties.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design Brogan, and so pretty. I'm sure she'll love it. Such a shame to cut into it!
    Hugs, Janine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brogan,

    I'm a Hello Kitty fan too!!! I'm excited seeing your pretty HK cupcake!

    ok ok... Now, I have to keep calm and be your follower to enjoy more of your lovely cupcakes :D

    Greeting from Australia! I'm a Singaporean mum living in Australia and love to bake and cook. Hope that we can be friends via blogging :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...