Monday, 16 September 2013

Football Fan

Good Evening!

The cake I would like to share with you that I made for my boyfriend's brother.

He was always asking when he would get one of my cakes so we decided that he should have one for his 21st.

He supports Arsenal, and the first idea of making a cake look like a football was really a bit out of reach!

I started out by making a plain vanilla sponge and decorating with vanilla butter cream. I love using the rose swirl technique and I think it gives an amazing effect.


I wanted the cake to stand out due to it being for a 21st birthday but I also wanted to keep it manly.

I used stars in reds and whites in all shapes and sizes and decorated some of them with edible glitters!

I also cut out a giant '21' to be the centrepiece and build around! I wanted it to be big and be the main thing on the cake! So I also added glitter to this!


This is the back of the cake! I decorated it with all of the icing stars!

I liked this cake as it was fairly simple but still looked good.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. another gorgeous creation looks so yummy and perfect for him
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab creation Brogan...love the numbers with their glitttery edges.
    Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...