Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Pink Ladies

Hi everyone,

I am going to share a cake with you that is one I am proud of. It turned out so much better than I thought it would and was very pleased with the end result!

I was asked to make this cake by my mum for her friend. I was told that she liked a lot of pink and I know that she is one of my mum's crafting friends, so I got my thinking cap on!

I didn't want to make it too fussy as I wanted it to look more mature and not too girly.


I started off by making a plain sponge and doubling the mixture so that there was enough to fill the giant cupcake mould.

The base was made with Candy Melts, but you can always use chocolate. I have wanted to try this method for a very long time and was so surprised at how easy it was.


I decided to do it in three stages and melt the big bag of Candy a third at a time, each time I used a pastry brush to paint the inside of the cake mould and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes. How it turned out was pretty amazing!

I made flowers, leaves and pearls out of icing and made them a little more "Art & Crafty" by adding glitter to the edges of the flowers.





The butter cream was a simple vanilla butter cream made pink with edible pink dust. I wanted the cake to have different shades of pink with added bits of other colours.









I made a string of white pearls out of icing to go around the bottom of the cake as I felt that the cake needed something extra. Also I thought that it added a crafty element to the cake and made it a little more mature.




In the centre of this cake there were fresh strawberries! My mum doesn't like too much cake so she suggested that I put extra filling inside to make it a bit lighter. I hoped to get a picture of when the cake was cut as I was told it looked really good! That's the only thing wrong with making cakes for other people, I never get to see or try the end result!


I am proud of this cake and I hope that it was what my mum had in mind! I certainly hope it was pink enough because I don't think I could have got much more pink on it.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This was a stunning cake Brogie...almost too beautiful to eat. Loved all the pink.
    Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you did us all proud :) and it was gorgeous - the huge slice I got served was yummy and I have to say I did so want to eat it all
    thank you hun
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job, beautifully pink! Like the idea of putting loads of strawberries in the filling. It's nice having that freshness to cut through the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did it taste delicious it was a work of art!! Beautiful cake Brogan - thank you so much for taking so much time over it Polly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brogan, I was at the surprise party and must say your cake was a delight. So light and gorgeously tasty and beautifully PINK!!! What a talent you have....keep up the good work.
    Jax xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...