Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Pastel Perfection

Good afternoon everyone!

It's such a beautiful day, lovely and sunny!

I'm in the process of making a cake at the moment, it's in the oven as I blog!

I would like to share a cake with you today that I am very proud of! I made it for a friend for her boyfriend's sister and she wanted a girly cake with pastel colours!

Here is what I came up with...


I can't believe how well this turned out!

It is a plain vanilla sponge which is one of the best sponges I have ever made! It had a very good rise on it and was just squidgy enough!

I made a vanilla butter cream and used my star nozzle to create the rose effect! (It is my favourite effect and people seem to like it so I normally use this one unless they specify otherwise)


I used wafer daisies and created little blooms of the flowers and completed each bloom with home made green icing leaves.


Tip: To get the effect of real leaves, I use a paint palette and lay the icing in it while it hardens to make them look more realistic!

I used white chocolate fingers on this cake around the base! Also I made a large '9' out of pale blue icing, I used blue as it stood out from the rest of the cake!


I also added blue glitter to this cake to give it that extra bit of "girly glitz"!

Thanks for stopping by! More cakes soon!

4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous and so pretty and so tasty too I bet
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Brogan. Loved this one, it was so pretty.
    Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty - i bet she absolutely loved it
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...