Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Chocolate and Blues

Good Morning!

I think that I have been posting too many Giant Cupcakes, so to prove that I make more than just Giant Cupcakes I am going to share some normal sized cupcakes with you this morning.

I made these for my Mum's birthday last year as she felt that a Giant Cupcake would be too much and we were also having a party so she thought it would be better for people to just grab a cupcake!


These cupcake are made with a basic chocolate sponge, and I like to use good quality melted chocolate for these.


I asked Mum what colours she liked best and she said 'Blues'. With that I decided to make some blue and white icing shapes, mainly flowers and butterflies.


I added edible glitter to the icing shapes to give them a bit of sparkle.

For the icing of these cupcakes I did a two-toned butter cream. Some people like to use one piping bag and fill it half and half but I prefer to use the two sided piping bags, It gives a cleaner divide in the colours and flavours.

I used double chocolate butter cream and blue coloured vanilla butter cream.

Tip: Be sure to make both butter creams the same consistency because if one is thicker then they will not come out of the piping bag at the same time and you will end up with one colour.


I finished off the cupcakes with various toppings such as silver balls, blue sprinkles, chocolate pebbles and blue and silver edible glitter!

Not many people ask me to make normal sized cupcake but I do love making them!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous as always Brogie...loved these little cupcakes and they were decorated beautifully.
    Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are just as gorgeous as your larger ones and just wanted to say thank you for Polly's awesome creation and wow did it taste great
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments...