Friday, 21 June 2013

Girly Dreams

Hi everyone!

Well it's been a wet and windy day today but seems to be set up for a nice evening.

I thought I would share one of my favourite cakes with you all today! I made this cake as a favour to a friend as she wasn't sure what her younger sister would want for her birthday, all I was told was that she was very girly and she loved chocolate so here's what I came up with...


I made a simple chocolate sponge (doubled to fill the giant cupcake mould) and I filled the middle with a double chocolate butter cream icing.

I then used the same butter cream and spread it all over the cake, it was quite a thick layering of chocolate I can tell you! It sort of ended up looking like a giant ball of chocolate, but that's nothing to complain about in my opinion.

I made the pink and purple icing decorations myself by colouring plain white icing with a pink and lilac gel colouring, creating different shades of the same colours! As she was girly, I went with butterflies and flowers!

I finished it off by sprinkling some silver edible glitter all over the cake! There is no better way to finish a teenage girls cake!


This is the back of the cake, as I've mentioned before, the back of the cake should always look as good as the front!

I wasn't sure how it would turn out as I was only given a very basic plan and the words "You decide, you know cakes best!"

It's become one of my most favourite cakes to date!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous cake Boo but oooohhh does that glitter go a long way kiddo.....like every where!!!!
    Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,love your blog! that cake looks delish. I started my blog in january have a look if you like:
    http://ilovecakeandcakelovesme.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks scrummy:)....Love the glitter! I am sure your mum gets glitter everywhere as well as her cards:) Your blog is lovely and your cakes are all gorgeously decorated....I bet they taste as good as they look:)
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My mum makes just as much mess with glue, glitter and card! Thank you! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments...