Tuesday, 25 June 2013

For the love of scones!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share something a little different today as I always post cakes but I did promise other baking creations too! So here is something I love to make!

Scones...

Being a true English girl I would never say no to a nice cup of tea and a warm scone with butter and jam, and maybe a cheeky dollop of cream! But in my opinion, they always taste better when they are home made.


I made a discovery a few years ago that I was able to make scones rise more than anyone else I knew, however, since then I have always been asked to make scones for my grandparents and friends.

These particular scones were made for a church summer fair, and as you can see there is always one that is just rolled up and dropped onto the baking tray right at the end. It's become kind of a trade mark of my scones!

The recipe that I use for 'Rich scones' is found in one of the old 'Be-Ro' baking books! I have never used another recipe for scones, I will maybe post this recipe at some other time.


I prefer to bake rich fruit scones, however, I do occasionally make cheese, cherry or plain ones!

I have to say that there is never the perfect batch of scones, but why should something have to look perfect if it tastes good enough? At least you know they are home made!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Always my favourites Brogie....and not a speck of edible glitter any where....
    Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brogan,
    A girl after my own heart....love scones fresh out of the oven with butter and jam. I use the recipe out of he Be-Ro book and it works every time! I always find it helps not to over mix the dough with scones or it can become tough. These look delicious and could eat one now. Thanks for sharing shame it's not literally.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh my mouth is watering just looking at the pics.. i love scones of any variety
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...