Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Chocolate Heaven

Good afternoon!

I am sorry to say that I have been neglecting my blog lately due to exams at college, however I am pleased that I had my last A Level exam today and they can be put aside until results day!

Anyway, lets get another cake on here!

This is a cake that I made for a friends birthday! They said they liked chocolate, so chocolate is exactly what they got!


I made this cake using a basic chocolate sponge, with Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing piped in stars, I also filled the middle with some of the Chocolate Fudge Icing.


I put milk chocolate fingers around the base of the cupcake and topped with various chocolate sprinkles including plain chocolate spaghetti, milk chocolate swirls and white chocolate stars!

Not many people believed me when I said that I had made this, they said it looked too professional, and this is when I thought maybe I could bake cakes pretty well and should start a log of the ones I create.

Unfortunately, this cake was taken to a party full of teenagers and so I'm sad to say it didn't look like this for very long.


They discovered at the party that the best way to eat it was to grab a chocolate finger and swipe it straight through the butter cream! I was a bit upset when I came into the kitchen and saw this in front of me but at least I knew that people enjoyed it and it wasn't long before I joined in!

More cakes soon! Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. ooh this look gorgeous - love the way you iced the top.. and i guess the way the teenagers devoured the cake is flattering lol
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, all that fabulous chocolate, I don't think it would have lasted long in my house!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous chocolate creation Brogie....love how my kitchen always smells of chocolate when your in there making a mess....I mean baking!!!.
    Hugs Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't see you complaining when you're hovering over my shoulder waiting for the spoon Mum! I'm a clean baker! xxx

      Delete
  4. okay you need to tell your mum that she needs to tell me how much you charge for one of these beauties and love the chocolate and be as messy as you like hun
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! what a fab cake Brogan! it's awesome!! I would be in chocolate heaven with this… I think the way the cake was devoured shows how much they loved it!! ;-)))
    Can't wait to see more of your wonderful creations!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...