Monday, 3 June 2013

21st Triple Chocolate

Good afternoon!

I've had a great day so far as I have passed my driving test! Was a bit worried about it this morning due to pulling my hamstring muscle but luckily it didn't affect my driving! I am very pleased and can't stop smiling. Now we get to the fun part of insurance... Oh dear!

Anyway, I am going to share a cake with you all this afternoon as I am feeling quite happy!

I made this cake for a girl I work with who turns 21 this week!


I made a chocolate sponge with the giant cupcake mould and I made a chocolate butter cream, which I have to say is one of the best butter creams I have ever made!

I melted pink and white chocolate the night before and piped out the '21' and the hearts and swirls. 

I always allow them to set properly in the fridge overnight just to be sure that they don't melt when I'm decorating the cake.

I have wanted to try this pink, strawberry flavoured chocolate out for ages! I am so glad I did, it really does taste of strawberry!


This is the back of the cake, I never leave the back of a cake bare when I am doing an explosion styled cake!

I finished off this cake with some pink glitter as I know that the birthday girl loves a bit of glitz and glam!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Yay big Congratulations on passing your driving test! The best thing my Dad made me do.....almost 27 years ago! Wow giving my age away now!
    I am loving this cupcake it looks absolutely delicious and I am sure your work colleague was happy with it. All those hearts look fab.
    Yum yum.
    Have a good evening
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on passing your driving test Brogan.
    Fabulous 21st cupcake, love the hearts and looks really yummy.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on passing your driving test! The insurance is definitely the scary bit. My daughter passed earlier this year and we had been amazed at the cost.
    Your cupcake looks so yummy. The hearts and swirls look so pretty. I've never heard of pink strawberry chocolate. Sounds nice though.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lol.. i ust saw you passed on your mums blog and left a comment saying it called for a Giant cupcake .... and here it is ... well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps... i insured my car for my daughter and myself with LV it was the cheapest quote i had .. and i am really imporessed cos they let me take her on and off when she is away at Uni and only charge me for the time she is home driving the car.
    I also got a discount for working for the NHS - so worth asking if they give discount for anything else
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous cupcake Brogan....and my kitchen stayed relatively tidy for a change.....!!!!
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...