Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Where to start?

Hi everyone.

I have been meaning to start a blog for quite a while now, but I have never really been able to find the time to sit down and set one up. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to things like that which probably isn't a good thing at my age!

Anyway, I have decided to make this blog to keep a record of all of the cakes and various other creations that I make, I thought it was a little more interesting than a book, which is what I keep them all in now!

Well, where to start? I suppose it would be a good idea to start at the very beginning...

This cake was my very first giant cupcake. I bought my mum the mould for Mothers Day and thought it would seem more special if I actually made her the cake as the present!


This was the end result. I used a plain vanilla sponge mixture (doubled to fill the giant cupcake mould), shop bought, I'm ashamed to say... strawberry butter cream, fresh British strawberries and strawberry flavoured swirls! I also put fresh strawberries in the centre!

Mum was very surprised and seemed to be equally pleased. On the other hand, I was terrified of the ride home as I had to hold the cake and it was very heavy. My only thought was that if we suddenly had to brake then I would get a face full of Giant Strawberry Cupcake.

This was my very first giant cupcake, and even though it looks VERY homemade I still remain proud of it to this day!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. It looks delicious Brogan and I bet your mum was thoroughly delighted! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious. Sure your mum enjoyed eating it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a nice start on your blog, hope to see what else you have created
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous cake, it looks absolutely gorgeous and I bet it tasted rather good as well.
    You should try baking some bread - if you can bake cakes bread will be easy, it is much more forgiving than cakes.
    I love your blog design, lovely and sunny and bright.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Boo....I think your blog looks great and I loved my Giant Mother's Day Cupcake too.
    Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word this will kill me off everytime you post another as this is fabulous cannot wait to see more
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmmm that giant cupcake sure does looks delicious Brogan. Love your blog and look forward to seeing more of your stunning cupcakes. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brogan, what a great looking blog.
    Now that cupcake looks amazing..... I have got such a sweet tooth so think I am going to love your little blog.
    If you have any fab recipes too please share. Can't wait t see what you create next :)
    Have a good day
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh looks delicious and i bet your mum loved that you made the cake for her .. so special
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks Yummy Brogan, look forward to seeing more of your creations.
    Love your blog design, very cute.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your blog background is as yummy as your cupcake l have now become one of your new followers and l'm going to enjoy popping in can't wait to see what you come up with next take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...